Old 21-07-2003, 01:52 PM
Cereoid-UR12-

Default @#*%)^@ Cats!

Call animal control and let them do the dirty work for you.

Curious wrote in message
What are the considered "humane methods" for killing animals
please.... I'm assuming raccoons, squirrels, groundhogs, possums,
etc.

I'm not a troll, I think some of these animals can be / are
pretty destructive esp. in agricultural communities....
Also having been bitten twice by unleashed dogs on my
property, I'm not a dog lover, but let's not discuss putting down
dogs.

So broaden my education just a little..... are there humane methods
of killing animals without taking a shitload of them to the local
vet and paying for lethal injections.

On 21 Jul 2003 02:18:07 GMT, oway (Tyra Trevellyn)

From:
(Bill Spohn)
Date: Sun, Jul 20, 2003 7:57 PM
Please don't harm innocent animals that don't know any better.
Try these:

http://www.gardeners.com/sell.asp?Pr...D=16975&lstCat
egory=&lstSort=0&PFImage=1&RecGroupNum=2
(probably the best)

Yeah right! As if spraying a racoon with water will dissuade it from

ripping
into your garden.

Trapping is about the only way to deal with them (although I use a high
voltage
electric fence around fruit trees at harvest time) and a quick

submergence
in
the trap (say 10 minutes or so) under water to make sure they are REALLY
clean
before you 'release' them......

Drowning is a slow and painful death for animals as large as raccoons.
Although it was once considered acceptable, it is no longer considered

humane.
If you must kill, consider humane methods, please.

Tyra