Old 21-07-2003, 03:28 PM
Jeff Young

Default Do Theories Have to be Testable to be Scientific?

"Bob White" wrote in message news:ruURa.90117$ye4.65151@sccrnsc01...
"Jeff Young" wrote in message
m...
"Bob White" wrote in message

"Jeff Young" wrote in message
m...
"Bob White" wrote in message

"Jeff Utz" wrote in message
limitationAbuse-Reports-To: abuse at airmail.net to report improper

postings

"Richard Alexander" wrote in message
om...
root wrote in message

Richard Alexander wrote:
Historical events are--surprise!--History, not Science, and
History
is
distinct from Science.

But it might take science to reveal history. The distinction

isn't
as clear as you suggest.

There is a difference between science involvement and being a

science.
Many church auditoriums are designed through the science of

acoustics,
but that doesn't mean that religion is a science.

Certain terms have taken on a life of their own. A "quantum

leap" or
"quantum advance" is used where we would normally say a "huge

leap"
or
a "huge advance." Of course, a true quantum leap is an extremely

small
thing, the difference, say, in electron orbits. Likewise, saying

that
something is not scientific has become akin to saying that

something
is erroneous.

I disagree. I would argue that creationism is not scientific,

because
the
hypothesis that creation exists is not testable. That does not

mean
the
creationism does not exist, only that science cannot answer the

question
whether or not creationism is true.

What prevents us from using the logical, systematic, scientific

method
of
investigation to investigate any proposition at all,

Like the proposition "God does not exist"?

That what

That what

Th- th- th- that's all folks.

snip Fallacies of Ignoratio Elenchi and Argumentum ad Nauseum

Septic remains the completely tongue-tied, mendacious, confused,
fallacious, and discredited old idiot fool liar of alt.atheism.

Jeff