Old 21-07-2003, 03:35 PM
BenignVanilla

Default Unethical business practices.....

"Aaron Friesen" wrote in message
snip
Two options.

First, many U-Haul places sell and install hitches. I've used them and
don't think you can beat the price by much. The installation was not a
major part of the cost either, and they did a very professional job,
using real wiring harnesses rather than just splicing in to tail-light
wires.

Our U-Haul place does not sell nor install them. I finally found a shop in
Randallstown, MD that sells hitchs and had one in stock for my van. The
wifey-poo is picking it up today.

Second, hitches are one of those things that the vast majority of car
dealers just won't do themselves. If you have a hitch installed by a
dealer, they actually farm it out to an independent installer (and
charge your for this "service" ;^). However, I have found that they
will usually tell you who they use and many times the installer will
give you the "dealer cost" if you mention that is how you found them.

We bought the van with a tow package so I have the harness. A friend of mine
runs a shop and is going to install it for me. We don't plan to tow
anything, we just want to get a hitch shelf, so the wiring is not critical.

BV.