Old 21-07-2003, 04:33 PM
Jim W

Default New Park.

Bob Hobden wrote:

BlankKnowing that professional gardeners etc, read this Ng does anyone know
of sources of cash grants for the making and equipping of Parks and open
spaces?

The reason I ask is that our allotment site is to become a park but the
Council say they have little money to provide what the locals want, indeed
the last thing I heard was that no playground equipment would be provided
for the kids and even trees could not be funded. A grass field only then.
Might as well leave it as the nature reserve it has become.

I would guess that agenda 21, and various sutainable development grants
(both central and EU) might be in order here..

Try also funderfinder? (its either co.uk or com .. not sure)

I have an article from OG mag that mentions a study where the value of a
wilderness has been calculated.. It is far more valuable than say, a
development site.

If I find the ref I will post it..
//
Jim