Old 21-07-2003, 04:42 PM
Joe Blow

Default Koi losing color?!

Hello all,

My wife and I have a young, ~8 inch Sanke (we think), that has changed color
recently. He is probably around a year old or so (we are the 2nd owner of
the house/pond, so we don't know for sure). Basically, he has lost almost
all of his orange and black markings and is now almost pure white. He does
not appear to be sick at all. He eats rapidly, swims around quickly, has no
lesions or other parasites, and his white color is brilliantly white. We
also monitor the water parameters carefully so that does not appear to be
the issue. Is this something that can happen to a healthy, growing Koi?
Any help/advice is very appreciated.

John