Old 21-07-2003, 04:42 PM
Tom J

Default Watering Lawns

"Die Spammer !!!!!" wrote in message

the tips of your grass blades dont look as good as they should. I see some

that
dont look cut evenly. They look like they been whipped off with a weed

wacker or a
dull mower blade. I see tan coloring on the tips.
Hows your mower blade?

That's the only draw back with this grass. It has to be cut too high to use a
reel mower, and the sharpest blades on rotary mowers will still leave the
split ends, even with the mower set 2 inches lower in front than in back so
only the front is cutting.

I've tried different blades and even use a whetstone on one and had it knife
sharp and the tips still split. That photo was taken at about a foot away.
Standing up and looking at the grass, it looks great, especially when compared
to the neighbors when it turns dry here next month!

Tom J