Old 21-07-2003, 04:52 PM
Kay Easton

Default Hopeless gardener :(

In article , Lorna lorna@removethis
bitgradden.com writes
I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, but everything in my (walled, London)
garden flowers really early - even stuff that's supposed to be September
flowering is finishing about now. After mid-June, the only things that
really thrive are the great big thugs (a gigantic wisteria, a renegade hop
that covers everything when my back is turned) - so I buy in colour during
the summer just to cheer it up, with the result that it looks like an
inferior car boot sale. Perennials flower beautifully in years one and two,
then just produce masses of foliage in year three, giving up altogether in
year four. Depressing and expensive.

I'd be so grateful for anyone's advice or pointers to further information -
thanks in advance

A final thought - it has been said that the average UK garden peaks in
May because that is when everyone gets the urge to go out to the garden
centre. Turn this around, and go to the garden centre once a month
throughout the year (except maybe not may or June), and take your choice
from what's looking good. That way you should end up with a garden which
looks good for a much greater part of the year!

--
Kay Easton

Edward's earthworm page: