Old 21-07-2003, 05:12 PM
Chester Deja

Default Ants around pond

jammer wrote in message . ..
On Sun, 20 Jul 2003 23:01:58 -0400, "D."
wrote:

I know O.J. attracts them, does the soap then kill them?
And will this concoction kill plants?

It doesn't attract them, the soap kills them and i have never had a
plant suffer.

I have used soapy water in a spray bottle for years to kill insects
on/off plants - from aphids to wasps (espicially!!!!)/bees, box elder
bugs to ants to whatever insect. Just spray it on them (or their
opening) and within 2 minutes they are dead and the plants don't seem
to suffer at all. I believe the soap suffocates the insect by
blocking up their abdominal airways. Not sure though.

Good to know about this mix. I have thousands of pesty ant hills
around my pond. It is a former farm field that has run unchecked for
many years. Time to fill buckets and start the purging.

Rick