Old 21-07-2003, 05:22 PM
Paul Kelly

Default Hedge wanted

In ,
JScott7439 typed:
At the top of my (steep) garden there is a public footpath. I would
like to grow some kind of hedge to make the garden a bit more
private. At the moment there is a 5 foot fence which I dont want to
replace but is about a foot too low - hence the hedge
I would like the hedge to be fairly fast growing, provide screening
all year round and be low maintenance as I know hardly anything about
gardening (dont want much do I).
The soil is heavy with a lot of clay in it.
Would be grateful if you greenfingered type people could give the
benefit of your knowledge

Alternative solution: Trellis atop the existing fence with a climber. Build
the trellis out of Tile batten with a tight mesh and it will geve pretty
good privacy.

pk