Old 21-07-2003, 05:42 PM
Beecrofter

Default grass clumps

(MJ) wrote in message . com...
Does anyone have any ideas about what to do about excess grass being
left behind after mowing? Our property is several acres - too big to
be picking up clippings, and too big to be mowed every couple of days
in order to make the clippings very short. We have not only clumps,
but also a general brownness because of the dead grass.

Thanks!
MJ

Start by sharpening your blades and then set the mower deck higher to about 3"
this will shade the ground and choke the weeds.
Stop feeding with high nitrogen fertilizer.
Of course turfgrass is a crop for fools -
That's why the USA has an area the size of Germany under lawns