Old 21-07-2003, 06:52 PM
BenignVanilla

Default Unethical business practices.....

"Wilson" wrote in message
snip
I don't know....I've checked around found the price I paid is the low end

of
average, I just find the price she quoted hard to digest. I consider

jacking
up the price that high and preying on people that don't know better,
unethical. You can give examples all day long of businesses that border

on
that gray area but I think her making what amounts to be a $50+ phone

call
is just a bit out of line.

If you don't want to call it unethical that's fine....but I'm going to.

snip

Sounds like you have never bought a new car. *laugh* Clearly, we are talking
semantics here, but I think you lost some of us with the supposition of the
retailer buying a roll and charging you for a piece. That was an assumption,
not fact. You found someone with awful prices, and slow response time. What
this tells me is one of two things 1) it is an awfully run business and will
soon disappear or 2) they did not have the product, and it would be too
expensive for them to get it, so instead of turning you away, she made the
deal unattractive so you would walk away.

BV.