Old 21-07-2003, 07:18 PM
Bob Hobden

Default New Park. Looooooong reply with help I hope

"Mike" wrote in message

Bob, another member of both, is tasked with the job of gathering
information on funding funds. So far she has come up with in excess of
£300,000 of money available for such a project, (and I put her onto
another one of £100,000 max from a Government fund of £30,000,000 as yet
untouched because nobody knows about it).

So do tell!

ADVICE.

Get your local Parish Council involved on this.

There isn't one

Get your local MP involved on this.

Chocolate teapot from past experience but he might just do something if I'm
devious enough and give him no option.

Get your local County Councillors involved on this.

I will wait to see what our local Borough Council has done in this regard
first.

Form an action group in the name of what the Park is going to be.

A "Focus Group" is in the process of being arranged, and the Council have
said they want a "Friends Group" to be arranged too which might just be a
way of getting some grants available. :-)

As for facilities, at the moments there is no money for anything, not even
trees, but I am hopeful we can get a skateboard facility and kids playground
equipment at least. A local firm, SMP, is a leading manufacturer of such
equipment. :-)

--
Bob

Runnymede fighting for it's existence.