Old 21-07-2003, 09:23 PM
Pat Kiewicz

Default Mid-season report from the Tomato Patch

Laura Stanley said:

Ruby: A red grape tomato (smaller than catalog described them), excellent
sweet but real tomato flavor, thin skins, I've had maybe 10% of them crack -
not bad for such a wet, wet year. And there are a lot of them! I have two
plants, and I'm giving tomatoes away constantly because I don't know what to
*do* with them all. Rampant is an inadequate description for these plants.
They too have the blight, but are easily outgrowing it. I will definitely
plant these again next year. But only ONE of them!

I dried a lot of these last year in my dehydrator. Cut them in half first. Nice
snack. Superb in a pasta dish with spinach, feta cheese, and garlic.
--
Pat in Plymouth MI

(attributed to Don Marti)