Old 21-07-2003, 09:27 PM
Fred

Default Yushania

Hi

I've read 2 things :
_ flowering allways weakens bamboo, sometimes enough to make it die (even
the roots !), sometimes not.
_ by cutting the flowers you can sometimes avoid its death, because the
extra energy spent to make flowers and seeds is what makes bamboo die.

I recommend you cut all the flowers and keep some seeds for security; if
your bamboo dies, it's a cheap way to get new ones.

Good luck.

--
Fred

Remove x,y,z for answer

"Jennifer Stevenson" a écrit dans le message de news:
I obtained a small group of this bamboo last year and it has settled well
with lots of new culms, however I have just noticed that it is flowering,
does this mean that all of this group is now flowering and will die or

could
it be a one off? If I leave the roots in will it recover? Hope someone

can
help me with information.