Old 21-07-2003, 09:35 PM
Kay Easton

Default New Park.

In article , Bob Hobden
writes

Similarly round here, developers have to either provide 10 percent
public open space or give an equivalent amount of money to the council -
see if you can get your paws on that.

Do you have 'Community Involvement teams' - groups of local
representatives headed by a councillor, to help council know what local
people want - if so, get a representative on to that.

I'm on the "Focus Group" for the Park and it was the forthcoming first
meeting that prompted my question. I want to be prepared. :-)

No, that wasn't what I meant. I don't know if it's just a leeds idea or
national, but in each ward there is a group headed by a councillor with
representatives from, eg, Civic Society, environmental groups,
neighbourhood watch, voluntary groups for the elderly, residents'
groups, etc. The idea is that the council is able to consult the
community on what the community wants the council to spend their money
on in their area.

--
Kay Easton

Edward's earthworm page: