Old 21-07-2003, 09:49 PM
David Wright

Default First juciest, shlushing peach, mmmmm

On Sat, 19 Jul 2003 22:19:03 +0000 (UTC),
(Victor M. Martinez) wrote:

David Wright wrote:
I've just done a non-exhaustive search on your two varieties and
haven't found whether they are available as a dwarf or semi-dwarf? Can
either of you help?

I've never seen a peach variety that was available as "standard" and dwarf.
But you can prune the peaches to be quite short. What is your controlling
variable?

I have more than one variable. Since I'm gardening from a wheelchair,
I want trees that are small enough that I can drape them with
bird-proof cloth to protect the fruit, and also so that I can get to
them when my wife isn't around. And, if my fruit trees grow higher
than 8-10 feet or so, they will block the light to my tomatoes.

'Tis a puzzlement.

BTW, avoid fruit trees from Park Place, they've had the same trees in the
sand for a couple of years now.

Now that I've been thinking about small trees, I remember having
bought some from Stark Brothers way back in the '70s when I lived in
Idaho and was still ambulatory. We had a backyard full of little trees
that had nice apples and pears.

I've found some nice looking matches
http://store.starkbros.com/info.html

David