Old 22-07-2003, 03:52 AM
Cindy Donnell

Default viburnum dying

(dstvns) wrote in message Try increase watering. Add some good topsoil to the base.

the drought and most of the shrub was dead this spring. I really
didn't mind losing it because as either Pam or Paghat once said, the
blooms smell like innertubes.

Highbush cranberry (v. trilobum) bloom smell reminds me of burnt-out
older computer equipment. Strange what smells make you remember

Dan

Dan, here in Virginia we've had more than 50" of rain for the year.
Drought *this* season clearly isn't the problem.

I agree about the smells. I knew the smell of the dentatum was
familiar but it wasn't till I read what Paghat(?) said that I realized
it was innertubes I was smelling. :-)
Thanks for your suggestions.
Cindy Donnell