Old 22-07-2003, 04:12 AM
dstvns

Default Moth? Hummingbird?

On 21 Jul 2003 11:11:53 GMT, (AuralFeast) wrote:

What did I see? In my petunias yesterday morning was a small, maybe two-inch
long moth (at least what I think was a moth), flying like a hummingbird. It
was a very good flyer, with motions much like a dragonfly, and when it entered
a flower for a drink, its wings kept beating just like a hummingbird's. For
the most part, it was brown, with two distinct yellow bands around its body. I
live in Chicago.

The age-old question....a sphinx moth that flies like a hummingbird.
You can get a lot closer to a sphinx moth, though. They also like
butterfly bush.

Dan