Old 22-07-2003, 05:02 AM
DigitalVinyl

Default morning glory question spread

"Bernard Golden" wrote:

I have planted some Morning Glory plants against a trellis and they are
rapidly climbing. However, it seems to be a single tendril going up. Will
the plant naturally send up offshots that will more broadly cover the
trellis, or so I need to do something to encourage it to do so, like nip off
the top of the tendril?

Mine have sent up a second tendril but it is far, far shorter than the
original. I think you may want more than one to get the spread you are
looking for. I have three and the coverage isn't as thick as I
expected. Also the lower leaves tend to shed. I see new leaves
starting on many existing vines so I'm hoping they all bush out a
little more. I have no flowers yet.

DiGiTAL ViNYL (no email)
1st Year Gardener