Old 22-07-2003, 05:19 AM
Ann in Houston

Default does everyone here like frogs?

I appreciate the constructive suggestion. I knew a lot of people wouldn't
like to hear that some of us consider frogs to be the only "downside of
ponding". I wonder if people picture the trilling noise when I mention the
noise. This is more like a duck sitting in your window, quacking
insistently to come in. I swear they sound exaclty like ducks. Sometimes I
net and relocate them, but it is hard, and there are a lot of them. Oh,
well. Maybe they are eating our mostquitoes. We sure don't seem to have
many.
"bmuller" wrote in message
s.com...

"Ann in Houston" wrote in message
news
I know several local ponders who hate them as much as I do. Our pond is
just outside my daughter's bedroom window and the noise is enough to

keep
anyone awake at night. I often find her camped out on the floor of her
brothers' room. What can be done to minimize the attraction of them.

Our
pond is not very naturalistic, as it is just a rectangular koi pond with

an
urn fountain in the middle.

Some people buy "White Noise" machines to make "surf" sounds to help them
sleep. The frog/toad chirping serves the same function for me. How about a
white noise machine in the bedroom of the disturbed sleeper to drown out

the
frog noises.