Old 22-07-2003, 06:22 AM
B & J

Default Diggin taters

"jerry" wrote in message
Gonna dig up my potatos , whats the best way to store them to keepem

fresh?

Personally, if I really want to keep potatoes fresh, I don't dig them until
I absolutely must because the ground is in danger of freezing. If there is
not option except digging, the potatoes may be kept fresh (if you mean
retain new potato quality) by putting them in a plastic bag and into a
refrigerator. This will work for a month or twp. If you dig them and don't
have adequate refrigerator space, be sure to place them in the coolest place
possible where there is totally darkness. Light causes potatoes to turn
green.

John