Old 22-07-2003, 06:22 AM
B & J

Default BIRD BATH QUESTION

"WARRENRN1" wrote in message
i like to feed the birds in my area.... and would also like to provide

water
for them.... to drink and bathe.... but my cement bird bath grows algae

at an
incredible rate.... short of cleaning it every day.... which is not

something
i am thinking about.... is there any additives that i can put in the

water to
prevent algae formation?

I change the water daily by using the hose to wash out the water left from
the previous day and replace it with clean water. About twice a week I use a
wire brush to clean off the scum that collects on the bottom of the bath. It
takes minutes, which is well worth the effort in attracting and maintaining
a healthy avian population. BTW, I never add any additive to the water. Can
you tell I really enjoy our bird population? G

John