Old 22-07-2003, 06:22 AM
Kirra

Default New Climbing Rose Has Rusty Leaves

Hi Jay,

I'm fairly new to rose growing so someone with more experience may jump in
with your answer.

When I had a problem with dry leaves, it was spider mites. They are very
tiny and live on the undersides of the leaves (some books suggest using a
magnigying glass to look for them as they are so small). On my plants I
noticed very fine webs under some of the leaves as well.

If you do have spider mites, then you can wet the undersides of the leaves
everyday for a week (what I did) to get rid of them as spider mites like it
hot and dry. In the morning is better so that the leaves can dry out again
and not stay wet overnight.

This website talks about it some more, however my leaves were much browner
(and drier) than the ones showed he

http://entomology.ucdavis.edu/facult...o%20spotted%20
mite.html

I hope you find your answer,