Old 29-01-2003, 04:56 AM
Frankhartx

Default Tomato

So, if I want a meaty tasty tomato I should consider growing Celebrity
and probably not try Heirloom Amish Brandywine? I only have room for
about six tomato plants and I was going to get the Heirloom brandywine,
but if they have a lot of problems it might not be the best choice.

Heather H. - trying to remind herself that she will have a 1 yr old to
contend with while gardening this year.

I would only grow Brandywine as a novelty if you have lots of room.
The best all around tomato is Betterboy--great taste, vigorous grower, large
fruit, widely adapted and the most prolific producer in the tomato family,
disease tolerant for fusarium, verticillium