Old 22-07-2003, 08:12 AM
Ron B

Default Riding Mower

Well, the '1000' series units are MTD, but the '2000' series and up are NOT
repainted MTD units...

My 3235 unit has at least 14 ga. (I think 12 ga.) Or better steel and a
helluva better design to boot...

The deck is rock solid with the added benefit of having a serviceable
transaxle unlike other units...

If you do not have a transaxle that is able to have a fluid and filter
change, you are taking fate into you own hands IMHO...

On 20-07-03 20:30, in article , "Rick
Appel" wrote:20-07-03 20:30

Ron....

Hate to tell you, but your Club Cadet is an MTD product.. heres the link:

http://www.mtdproducts.com/home.jsp

I have a neighbor who has been using his Cub Cadet for 40 years. I got my
3235 model garden tractor last year. Yes, it costs more than a Craftsman

or
MTD, but with proper maintenance will likely last 40 years too IMHO.
Ron