Old 22-07-2003, 09:02 AM
gregpresley

Default morning glory question spread

I planted morning glories in a pot - 5 sprouted and lived. They all sent up
first a single leader and now MANY secondary side shoots. The variety I
planted is called Early Call, which supposedly will bloom earlier for us.
Mine have now climbed to about 3 1/2 feet. (I planted them in the pot of an
old rubber plant which had passed on, and they are twining up the old dead
branches.). I don't know when exactly to expect blooms - the package said
about 50 days from sprouting, as I recall, which would mean that they might
bloom in the next week or so.
"Bernard Golden" wrote in message
m...
I have planted some Morning Glory plants against a trellis and they are
rapidly climbing. However, it seems to be a single tendril going up.

Will
the plant naturally send up offshots that will more broadly cover the
trellis, or so I need to do something to encourage it to do so, like nip

off
the top of the tendril?

TIA

Bernard Golden