Old 22-07-2003, 10:42 AM
JohnDKestell

Default What kind of soap can I use on Aphids?

hi guys,
Did you ever think about "diatamatious earth"? The Diatoms are little critters
that have some wickedly sharp little shells that lacerate the bodies of the
organisms that are infecting your garden. And through the little holes in
there bodies (and some I guess swallow it--and cut up there guts) they loose
moisture and shrivel up and die. the diatoms are often used to control weevils
in stored grains and things (you can eat them along with the grain). I WOULD
be careful though. they are made mainly of calcium, and if you suck them into
your lungs, they might be there for a while.

I'm going to look it up on google, but if you go that way, make sure to wear a
dust mask and keep it out of your lungs.

also, I seem to remember some recommendations about Murray's oil soap? Or
maybe just some simple lye soap without any perfumes and coloring and crap like
that?

just a couple thoughts,
the coffee hasn't kicked in yet this morning.
john