Old 22-07-2003, 02:02 PM

Default Magnolia Tree

February is what our extension office told me. (Of course too, I had to talk
to three different people to find someone who knew). I always take what I
cut off and start more trees. A pot, vermiculite, a plastic bag and some
roottone.....So far, so good. I have had great success..
You will get bugs and disease if you do it now.
Good luck.....
Susie

"Jim Hamer" wrote in message
Can anyone tell me the best time to prune my five year old Magnolia? Can

prune now? Should I wait until winter? We are warm enough so that it is

an
evergreen (doesn't lose leaves in the fall). I live outside of

Philadelphia
Pa.

Thanks for any info you can give me.