Old 22-07-2003, 02:03 PM
Lee Brouillet

Default Does size matter...when stocking Koi in your pond... :)

I hadn't thought of separating it -- duh! BTW, if you don't have one, a
digital postal scale is a cheap way to get around the expensive gram scales.
Mine does ounces or grams, including tare (so you don't include the weight
of your container when you're measuring), and goes up to 5 lbs. I think it
cost about $30.00 or so. FYG, if you didn't see it anywhere, Doc J says you
can strain the mix through a coffee filter to remove excess slime and fish
poo, etc. and refrigerate the mix to get about a month out of it. Of course,
you have to bring it back to room temp before you use it, but it extends the
life. I thought the gallon mix would be the easiest way to do it, but the
spray method will allow the mixture to go further, for those on a budget.

Lee

"~ jan JJsPond.us" wrote in message
On 21 Jul 2003 08:27:13 -0500, "Lee Brouillet" wrote:

Would you please share your Tricide Neo experience?

IME, the ideal way to do it, is put a gallon of the mixture in a bag. Do
not sedate fish, using a koi sock net, catch fish, rinse with pond water,
put in bag, hold bag up so liquid covers fish. A gallon will be enough.

Set
timer as directed on package. Fish did not get all frantic in the less

than
5 minutes we had it in there. Net out with koi sock, rinse and put in sick
tank, very little human handling. The meds will last thru the 3 times

easy,
if the fish doesn't poop in bag, so don't feed the day you're gonna do it.
It needs to be aerated and stored in a dark container (think rubbermaid)
with an airstone in the bag.

Economically, if you have a chemist or someone with accurate gram scales
buy the 5 gallon amount and then divide the meds by 5 portions store dry

in
a dark container, I'm using a decorator tin. ~ jan

See my ponds and filter design:
http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Wet!~
Tri-Cities WA Zone 7a