Old 22-07-2003, 03:42 PM
Stephen M. Henning

Default Deer here

"pluckey" wrote:

What kind of flowers, shrubs, bushes can be planted without fear of deer
eating them?

Plastic ones. I am not kidding. When hungry enough deer will eat
anything. The only things in my yard they have spared is spruce trees,
but others have reported problems there also.

My problem is mainly in the winter. I use deer netting on my evergreen
plants such as rhododendrons and conifers. I have to remove it in the
spring before they start growing or they grow through it. The deer
netting works for me. The deer are always trying to get under the fence
and I am always find better ways to use the deer netting.

The best repellant is a good dog. All of the others work for a while
but when the deer get hungry, they don't stop them.

--
Pardon my spam deterrent; send email to
http://home.earthlink.net/~rhodyman