Old 22-07-2003, 04:32 PM
LeeAnne

Default @#*%)^@ Cats!

Unfortunately a bb inside a cat can cause infection and ultimately death to
the cat. Cat's don't tend to show when they are ill until it's too late.

Believe me I'm not a fan of neighborhood cats in my yard, but I know it's
not the cats fault for being a cat. The owners are the jerks who think
precious has a 'right' to roam freely and be a cat no matter who it ****es
off.

I'd go w/the paintball gun, carefully aimed at the cats backside. If you
hit in the head area you can cause serious injury as well as if you hit in
the cats softer mid-section. A well placed shot (from far away to ensure
less damage, yet some good splatter) will guarantee a splot of color on
meow-meow kitty that may make the owner think twice about letting him/her
back out again. Or, if you happen to know who owns said kitty, maybe a nice
little anonymous note in their mailbox about they're going to have to pick
up kitty at the human society next time you catch the cat in your yard.

Just some ideas besides bb's.
LeeAnne

"John DeBoo" wrote in message
Tom Jaszewski wrote:
On Sat, 19 Jul 2003 17:54:51 -0600, John DeBoo
wrote:

I got a BB gun @ Walmart for $25 that works great.

It very well CAN seriuously hurt a cat. Hopefully Albuquerque has a
Humane Society to slap you for animal abuse!

I'm well aware it CAN, however I choose to SCARE as opposed to HARM.
Being that it is impossible for me to chase the cats thru the
various backyards and fences I am unable to locate where they live.

If pet owners were more responsible and kept THEIR cats in THEIR
yards as I do with MY dogs, instead of allowing them to roam free
and crap in my yard and/or cause MY dogs to bark while THEIR cat
site on my 7' fence and glares at MY dogs, then I wouldn't have a
problem with THEIR cats. But since this is not the case I choose to
shoot at them with a BB gun. I'm damned if I'll pay to rent a trap
to catch their cat only to have them let it go as soon as Animal
Control leaves. I don't want to hurt the cats, just discourage them
from crapping in my yard and teasing my Min Pins. As for Animal
Abuse, give me a break and join the REAL world!