Old 22-07-2003, 04:42 PM
Suja

Default Newbie Question- English Garden

Danno wrote:
Question-- what's the best place to buy perennials?

Depends. If you're going for instant effect, and want large plants, I'd
suggest that you find a good local nursery near you that can supply you
with these plants.

can you do it on-line?

Absolutely. My best source is Bluestone Perennials
(www.bluestoneperennials.com). Their plants are tiny, but healthy, and
the price is just wonderful. No matter which online source you choose,
and there are a million of them, be sure to check out other people's
experiences at http://plantsbymail.net/ or http://gardenwatchdog.com/

- is it too late in the season to plant these??

At least in theory, you can plant all season long as long as you are
willing to pamper the plant and water diligently. Fall and spring are
generally better times for planting. I generally spend the summer and
fall preparing the bed, the winter planning the layout, and then
planting in spring.

Suja