Old 22-07-2003, 04:42 PM
Jay Chan

Default How to Improve Lawn Soil? Go Organic?

I've had similar problems with my lawn. We have mostly sand and rocks with
very little topsoil. For a few years I've been reseeding and using
fertilizer. This year I spread about an inch of peat moss in the worst
section and within a month I had *much* better grass there. Now I plan on
doing the whole lawn with the peat moss in the fall. I was amazed at the
results.

Great! I have three LARGE bags of peat moss sitting in my garage that
I need to use somehow somewhere anyway. Just to be in the safe side, I
will mix it with finished compost before applying it to the bare spots
in my lawn.

One question:
Do you put the grass seeds _before_ spreading out peat moss?

Thanks.

Jay Chan