Old 22-07-2003, 06:22 PM
Jay Chan

Default New Climbing Rose Has Rusty Leaves

When I had a problem with dry leaves, it was spider mites. They are very
tiny and live on the undersides of the leaves (some books suggest using a
magnigying glass to look for them as they are so small). On my plants I
noticed very fine webs under some of the leaves as well.

This sounds promising. The book, that I have, shows that the damage
from spider mites look similar to the dry leaves that my plant has.
But I ruled that out because I could not see anything in the underside
of the dry leaves. I will double check on this one when I get back
home.

Thanks.

This website talks about it some more, however my leaves were much browner
(and drier) than the ones showed he

http://entomology.ucdavis.edu/facult...o%20spotted%20
mite.html

I cannot find that page. I can only find up to this part:
http://entomology.ucdavis.edu/faculty/parrella/

Jay Chan