Old 22-07-2003, 06:42 PM
Frank Miles

Default Broccoli Green Worms How to Get Rid of

In article , Lily wrote:
I have green worms on my broccoli. I've been manually removing and
squishing. How can I get rid of them and prevent reinfestation? TIA

They are probably the caterpillar of the cabbage moth. Hand-picking is
usually enough for us; it's better to squish the small eggs usually deposited
on the leaf undersides. Occasionally I send my moth-killer son out with a
badminton racket to swipe at (and sometimes kill) the white moths. Another
strategy is to cover the broccoli with a floating row cover (i.e. Reemay).
And there are agents like BT (baccillus thuringensis [sp?]).

HTH --

-frank