Old 22-07-2003, 07:32 PM
Bob

Default Can ivy be planted in the summer?

"Roger Sheldon" wrote in message
om...
Hi,

I have a steep slope, about 100 ft by 8 feet that gets lots of sun. I
want some kind of good looking ground cover that will control erosion.
I've pretty much decided on ivy since it is cheap, looks good, and is
ok in the sun.

Is it ok to plant ivy in the middle of the summer?

Where I live, planting of ivy is strongly discouraged. It will quickly
overgrow any other plants/trees in the area, and eventually kill them. It
has spread to parks and forest areas where it is difficult to control. A
non-climbing ground cover might make more sense.

Bob