Old 22-07-2003, 08:05 PM
Shepherd

Default Why Water the Lawn Light and Frequent in Summer?

"Jay Chan" wrote in message
m...
I just come across the following PDF page in Internet:
http://www.espoma.com/pdf/garden/GI_4.pdf

It says that we should deep water the lawn. But it also says this:
"During the summer, much of the root system deteriorates.
Therefore, summer waterings should be light and frequent."

This is new to me. I am under the impression that we should always
water the lawn deep, not "light and frequent".

Can someone help me to understand that suggestion?

Thanks.

Jay Chan

I just read the same post about watering lawns lightly and frequently.

I have always understood that a lawn needs one inch of water once every
week.

Shepherd