Old 22-07-2003, 08:25 PM
Wendy

Default repot during bloom?

Good advice here Kenni, I might add that if the roots are bad down under,
the plant should just
fall out if turned over. If the mix is broken down the plant could then be
repotted.
I have cut the flower spike & kept it in a vase & given the plant a fresh
start.
Cheers Wendy
"Kenni Judd" wrote in message
.. .
Repotting while an orchid is in bloom carries a risk [not a certainty, but

risk] of causing the flowers to drop. If the mix is broken down [stays

very
soggy for a long time after you water, or smells bad], or if you suspect
pests in the potting media, I'd say take the risk on this flowering to
better the plant's chance of survival to give you future flowers. But if
it's just that it has a lot of aerial roots outside the pot, then there's

no
rush, enjoy the flowers and then repot later.

--
Kenni Judd
Juno Beach Orchids

http://www.jborchids.com
"nightwriter" wrote in message
e.rogers.com...
is this okay? we just bought a beautiful phal that is blooming like

crazy
but it's roots are looking a little rough and we'd like to ensure its
longevity.

thanks