Old 23-07-2003, 01:32 AM

Default Newbie Question- English Garden

On Tue, 22 Jul 2003 11:26:50 -0400, Suja
wrote:
Danno wrote:
Question-- what's the best place to buy perennials?
can you do it on-line?

Absolutely. My best source is Bluestone Perennials
(www.bluestoneperennials.com). Their plants are tiny, but healthy, and
the price is just wonderful. No matter which online source you choose,
and there are a million of them, be sure to check out other people's
experiences at http://plantsbymail.net/ or http://gardenwatchdog.com/

I bought some perrenials from Bluestone last year. Yarrow "Coronation
Gold" and Shasta Daisy "Alaska" are two I bought that match your list.
They were very small the first year, and I didn't get a lot of blooms.
They look great this year, and are growing very nicely.

I expect that it will usually take a year for the plants to get
started, but I was happy enough that I ordered some more this year,
and expect to do so again next year. The shopping experience was
easy and painless. I prefer browsing the paper catalog and then
ordering online. You can order a catalog online.

I also bought some shrubs from them and I'll say that you need a lot
of patience for that. They were really really tiny, and they're all
still pretty small the second year, although less likely to be
stepped on. I did get some blooms from a Northern Highlights Azalea.
We'll see how they do next year.

Swyck