Old 23-07-2003, 01:33 AM
Theo van Daele

Default Can you identify this critter ? (halfly OT, found it near the pond)

Thanks ANO !

Your link put me on to another website, I bluntly mailed the owner, and he
came up with the right name straight away, even though he/she is only
specialized into Canadian moths...

http://www.funet.fi/pub/sci/bio/life...sia/noctuoidea
/notodontidae/phalerinae/phalera/

Phalera bucephala it is...

And yes, that's a member of the Noctuoidea/Notodontidae ! :-)

The internet can sometimes be tiresome, but can also be an incredible
resource !

Theo

PS: thanks Bonnie :-)

"Axolotl" schreef in bericht
30...
"Theo van Daele" wrote in news:P7bTa.26431$F92.3146
@afrodite.telenet-ops.be:

A quick look at the site below makes me think it might be a Schinia Snowi,
member of the order Noctuidae, but I could well be wrong.

Take a look at
http://www.npwrc.usgs.gov/resource/d...s/mothsusa.htm
its probably the best place to try and identify you critter.

Good luck
ANO