Old 23-07-2003, 01:42 AM
Chrissy

Default Pond pictures and update

I agree with you totally.. I have a 55 gallon fish tank started with a 10
and then moved on now onto a pond outside. Can never have too many I think
lol. Anyway, I had always cleaned it routinely, sometimes I think I did
more to it then it needed. Then pea soup water came and hit out of the blue
and nothing i did to try to fix it worked. Unfortunately there was
something wrong with the water supply in our Town and many people were
getting the green water. I had found this out after I transferred
everything over from my 55 to a 10 and lost about 8 fish overnight I
then set the tank back up again and put the surviving fish in the next day
and within a week or two again it started getting cloudy from the bacterial
bloom and then pea soup green again. I added some algae fix, and it cleared
up within 2 hours. I then planted the tank and it has been on and off with
some blooms but nothing compared to what is was. I do water changes when
needed when the chemicals get too high, but nothing like I used to do with
putting in chemicals to clear the tank, I just let nature takes it course
and everything works out in the end. Now I have a crystal clear tank and
dont do much with it.

I'm just hoping that the pond will work itself out. I need to plant some
plants around the shelving to cover up some of the liner that shows around
the edges and also help with the beauty of the pond. We are awaiting the
grass to grow in the dirt areas outside the pond so that we can put in a
bench there to sit and enjoy it now.

Chrissy

"BenignVanilla" wrote in message
"Chrissy" wrote in message

Dont know if some of you may remember me posting. I was one of the ones
that had dirt in my water.

snip
After draining the pond by using the pump and a long hose attached to it

we
set it back up after washing down the liner. Of course it poured almost

the
whole week after we set it up again and more mud got in there before we
could fully finish putting the rock border around the edges to keep the
liner in place. We now have murky but its also looking pea soup green

as
well, which it was never doing before.

snip

Often, you (the royal you, not chrissy) read advice here and ignore it
because there is something about knowing/doing yourself. I know this from

my
mud problem. My water was opaque orange for months. I tried everything,
draining, particle filtering, calcite, etc.

The true solution...tons of plants...and tons of STOP MESSING WITH THE

DAMN
POND!!!! Chrissy I promise you, and everyone here will tell you I know

what
I am talking about. Get your rocks up, so you have no more run off. Toss
your plants in, and STOP MESSING WITH THE DAMN POND!!! If I would have

just
listened when everyone told me to stop run off and STOP MESSING WITH THE
DAMN POND!!!, my clay problems would have been over weeks ago.

I now have gin clear water, because I stopped run-off, tossed in a lot of
plants, and (say it with me now) STOPPED MESSING WITH THE DAMN POND.

In short, stop run off, lots of plants, STOP MESSING WITH THE DAMN POND!!!

BV.