Old 23-07-2003, 02:12 AM
V_coerulea

Default Broccoli Green Worms How to Get Rid of

I remember the problem when we lived up north and Bt was about the only
answer. Since we've been in the deep south for the last 25 years, we haven't
had the problem. The answer here is that we only plant and grow broccoli,
cabbage, collards, kale, and other brassicas during the late fall, winter
and early spring when the cabbage moths aren't around. That works out nicely
since the brassicas won't grow in our spring to fall heat. If you can match
your growing season to the off cabbage worm season, it might help some along
with the Bt.
Gary
"Lily" wrote in message
I have green worms on my broccoli. I've been manually removing and
squishing. How can I get rid of them and prevent reinfestation? TIA