Old 23-07-2003, 03:42 AM
Diane Mancino

Default Two questions from a rank beginner

Speaking of hirstute Dends, my Green Lantern has 2 keikis that I thought
were new shoots. Is this another dend that likes to make keikis or was it my
care.

"Diana Kulaga" wrote in message
rthlink.net...
My Dends need to put up with whatever the weather dictates, unless we have

winter like last year (cold, cold, cold), when I foolishly took them in.
Better to have left them outside but semi protected (against the house,
perhaps). Now, I have too many to cart around, so am looking at ways to
warm their area if it gets cold next winter. In general, Dends are the

most
forgiving of all my genera.

I grow them in rock or Aliflor, with the exception of the hirstute Dends,
which have made it know n that they want more moisture (yes, they talk to
me). Growing in a fast drying medium works well in FL, for Dends and
Catts. I know it's different in other climates. Remember, in nature it
doesn't necessarily rain every Tuesday.............

Diana