Old 23-07-2003, 06:02 AM
johnrutz

Default Help - Best way to attach hoses

Pelvis Popcan wrote:
I'm new to ponds and I'm trying to set one up.

I got a pump that specifies that it takes 1" hose. This will feed a
filterfalls waterfall that specifies that it has a 1 1/2" bulkhead.

The manuals provided really don't help in how to best hook up hoses to
them.

Should I just get hose clamps from the plumbing section of Lowe's?

Also I looked around a bit on some pond sites for adapters but I don't
see anything for fitting a 1" hose into a 1 1/2" bulkhead.

What would you recommend?

Sorry if these seem like really dumb questions... I'm new to plumbing
as well as ponds!

-- for the hose look for the type adapter in lowes either plumbing or
irrigation supplys that goes inside the hose and yes use a clamp
to go to the filter look for a 1 in to 1 1/2 in adapter
make sure all the threaded ends go with the oposite thread male female
one of the people working there should be able to help find all the
parts you need

John Rutz
Z5 New Mexico

never miss a good oportunity to shut up