Old 23-07-2003, 07:12 AM
profpam

Default question forU.S. orchid importers from australia

Hi, Rick,

I, too, have imported from Burleigh Park Orchids. They are a bit
pricey. Besides the charge for a phyto, Fedex fee, and having to send
cash via registered mail, an import permit may now be required. Plants
are shipped in small glass bottles with usually no more than about 10
plants -- though they are nice.

So you might find the same through Troy Meyers Conservatory
http://www.troymeyers.com or Mick Fournier http://www.OrchidFlask.com
Check those places first. If not, check the internet for a nursery that
sells seedlings of whatever you are looking for.

Oh, and here's a thought: Adelaide Orchids in Australia has a place in
Oklahoma. I am wondering if they would do the importing/exporting if
one requests a particular plant and pays in advance. David Hunt and
George Norris both import from various regions on the world, but I don't
know if either imports from Australia.

Hope this gives you a few ideas. Good luck in your quest for orchids.
And . . . happy growing!

.. . . Pam
Everything Orchid Management System
http://www.pe.net/~profpam/page3.html

Rick wrote:

hi all:

I have a simple question for the group. I was browsing the websites of some
Australian orchid nurseries like easy orchids and Burleigh Park Orchids and
noticed that they have some fine species /hybrids which they export. I would
be interested in procuring flasks from them. I would like to know if anyone
has imported from them into the U.S.A and what their experience with these
nurseries are?

Thanks

Rick