Old 23-07-2003, 08:02 AM
Theo van Daele

Default Can you identify this critter ? (halfly OT, found it near the pond)

Thanks Kathy, that's the one indeed.

Here's another picture of the moth at the UK site; the color is a little
closer to your picture.

http://cgi.ukmoths.force9.co.uk/show.php?sid=19940

This is such an amazingly camouflaged insect!! Gotta love the Internet
and all its contributors!

It can indeed be a great resource :-) A friend of mine just mailed me
about the name ...

"Bucephalus was the favourite warhorse of Alexander the Great, the one he
made a senator......"

Now I'm gonna forget about moths as soon as possible, I don't want another
hobby, I really *don't* want another hobby, I really... oh bugger ;-)

Theo