Old 23-07-2003, 09:04 AM
Charlie

Default Butterfly Bush that doesn't work ???

Here in Essex I have butterflies everywhere! Yesterday while hanging the
washing out there were at least four - three that landed on me and one that
landed on the washing line! We have a massive buddliah with hundreds of
prongs of flowers and there are always a few on it along with honey bees.

Charlie.

"Alison" o.uk wrote in
message ...

snip Are
there situations where the buddleja doesn't attract butterflies? Or

is
it
the local geography, perhaps?

regards, mbb

Could just be a general lack of butterflies.

snip
Dave R

snip
Lack of Butterflies and Honey Bees Yes. Joan has 'cultivated a bed of
Nettles to try to encourage them to no avail.

Mike

Hmmm yes, my Mum and I were commenting last week at the lack of

butterflies
this year. Still, the sedums are coming up for flowering - *that* will be
the acid test. We had loads and loads of butterflies on them last year

(and
photos to prove it!)

--Alison