Old 23-07-2003, 12:12 PM
Pat Kiewicz

Default Tatume squash

zxcvbob said:

Can I remove a few leaves from squash vines (where they have run into my
bush beans and are shading them) without hurting the vines? How about
cutting the growing tips out of the vines where they have run 20 to 30 feet
and are about to grow into the lawn -- and my neighbors' lawns.

Loosing a few leaves shouldn't hurt. I never intentionally prune the tips of my
running vines, but I do attempt to turn them and run them in directions that
are safer or more convenient, or at least, slightly less inconvenient. Occasionally
the tips do get pruned off by a badly placed foot. 8^)

--
Pat in Plymouth MI

(attributed to Don Marti)