Thread: @#*%)^@ Cats!
View Single Post
  #46   Report Post  
Old 23-07-2003, 01:12 PM

Default @#*%)^@ Cats!

My neighbor and I too have trouble with one cat in particular crapping in our flower beds. However,
he seems to hide it very well. I don't have my vegetable garden fenced in and have no problems with rabbits,
although they are around as I found a nest in my yard under a couple bags of mulch. Rabbits love tulips, crocus, and
other flowers as well as vegetables but again I have no problem. If this stray cat is the reason then for now I am willing to clean up after him.
I have no way of knowing for sure. I'm sure he is helping to keep the rodent population down as well. I will say
this though. If I start having problems with vegetables and flowers being consumed I will first speak to the owner.
If that does not work then I will do the most humane thing possible to get rid of him which will including calling
the city first. which incidently I did when I first moved in. In two weeks I caught two stray cats I didn't know were
around. The one we knew of avoided the trap. Then I thought to myself he may be the reason I don't have rabbit problems
so I let it go. If all else fails I will buy my own trap, trap him, and take him to the game lands and put a bullet in his head.

cheers,
sparkie

On Sun, 20 Jul 2003 06:57:36 -0400, "Dvd" wrote:

"JNJ" wrote in message
news
I swear I'm going to start shooting these blasted cats. I just walked out
to the kitchen to get some apple juice. I look out the front door and
notice a neighborhood cat squatting in my new bed -- you know, the one I
just created and mulched over. Broad daylight, 3:30 in the afternoon and
this cat is using my new bed for a litter box.

See the cat poll
http://home.golden.net/~dhobson/catpoll.htm