Old 23-07-2003, 02:42 PM
BenignVanilla

Default Pond pictures and update

"Chrissy" wrote in message
news:PGkTa.120076$N7.16318@sccrnsc03...
I agree with you totally.. I have a 55 gallon fish tank started with a 10
and then moved on now onto a pond outside. Can never have too many I

think
lol. Anyway, I had always cleaned it routinely, sometimes I think I did
more to it then it needed. Then pea soup water came and hit out of the

blue
and nothing i did to try to fix it worked. Unfortunately there was
something wrong with the water supply in our Town and many people were
getting the green water. I had found this out after I transferred
everything over from my 55 to a 10 and lost about 8 fish overnight I
then set the tank back up again and put the surviving fish in the next day
and within a week or two again it started getting cloudy from the

bacterial
bloom and then pea soup green again. I added some algae fix, and it

cleared
up within 2 hours. I then planted the tank and it has been on and off

with
some blooms but nothing compared to what is was. I do water changes when
needed when the chemicals get too high, but nothing like I used to do with
putting in chemicals to clear the tank, I just let nature takes it course
and everything works out in the end. Now I have a crystal clear tank and
dont do much with it.

I'll take green tank water, if I could just get the algae off the glass.

I'm just hoping that the pond will work itself out. I need to plant some
plants around the shelving to cover up some of the liner that shows around
the edges and also help with the beauty of the pond. We are awaiting the
grass to grow in the dirt areas outside the pond so that we can put in a
bench there to sit and enjoy it now.

snip

I tried seed around my pond and kept losing it. Birds I guess. Go spend a
few extra bucks (Just a few) and through a few pieces of sod down. It will
help with the run off, and take root very quickly.

BV.